The Retail Buyer/Planner’s responsibility is to deliver a well-planned merchandise assortment which will satisfy our customer, achieve our financial goals, and execute our company’s strategic objectives. In addition, develop and execute merchandise strategies to deliver sales and gross margin goals through focused merchandise assortments, marketing and pricing strategies, and merchandise management. The Buyer/Planner will analyze data for category, class, style and location based performance. Develop strong partnerships with Field and Store Managers.
- Execute merchandise strategies to deliver financial goals through distinct merchandise assortments, pricing strategies, and merchandise management through Partnership with Director of Merchandising
- Partner with Marketing team on marketing initiatives and promotions
- Perform continuous competitor and market analysis by researching various mediums for emerging trends in color, materials, and categories, in addition to price points and promotional campaigns from competitors
- Develop strong vendor relationships, monitors industry trends, evaluates competition, and attend major markets
- Manage all operational responsibilities of your business (i.e. order entry, style setup, selling recaps, etc).Provide concise and detailed recaps of product opportunities on weekly basis.
- Implement a merchandise assortment plan using market trend analysis that supports the financial and merchandising objectives
- Develop/ Conduct analysis and reports based on performance by category, class, style and locations
- Identify product opportunities, trends, and offerings which will impact the business and provide results
- Analyze sales trend, key items, vendor profitability and aged inventory as well as making recommendations for driving improved performance
- BA / BS degree
- Strong financial skills.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and oral.
- Advanced Excel
- An analytical mind
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Confidence to make decision and resolve issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Raponi Consulting, Placement & PR Firm
244 Fifth Avenue, Suite S293
New York, NY 10001