Responsible for identifying business risks and opportunities to maximize sales, profitability and inventory turn objectives in full price and outlet stores. Responsibilities will also include analyze category, class, style and location-based performance by brand to provide strategic inventory plans to maximize sales. Will also execute outlet markdown strategies that maximize inventory profitability
Open to Buy Planning
- Develops initial annual Sales, Receipts, Returns, and GM% to meet or exceed Inventory turn objectives of brand segment.
- Reviews prior month’s results and reflows projected planning elements
- Identify opportunities or liabilities for Sales, Returns, Margin, and Receipts including promotional activity
- Determines if changes are a new trend or anomaly
- Reviews adjustments and reasoning with Merchant(s)
- Discusses any changes to Promo’s, New Item releases, Sales opportunities
- Adjusts plan elements based on Merchant(s) collaboration
- Identifies risks to Director on changes where Turn objective will not be met
- Actively participates in OTB Monthly Meeting
- Understand the retail marketplace both internal and external.
- Leads ordering process through dynamically adjusting order point levels by the following:
- Cleans historical history of any anomalies
- Maintains Seasonality Indices by Brand/Category to use during forecasting
- Depersonalizes history based on seasonality indices to derive Depersonalized Average Rate of Sale (ARS)
- Applies ARS to future Months Seasonal Index and trend line analysis to derive Forecasted Demand
- Create order Quantity based on Forecasted Demand minus on hand/on order
- Collaborate with Merchant(s) on looks like analysis to generate New Style order quantities for launch
- Develop and manage budgets and deliver financial goals
- Develop realistic and achievable plans.
- Manage the processes of product life cycle and pricing strategies.
- Accountable for in-season and post season analysis
- Conduct in season reporting and analysis for business trends and brand performance.
- Analyze and track product performance & recommend stock status.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business/related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of planning, allocation, replenishment experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to create, maintain and interpret detailed data into a summary analysis and action points for Sr. Management
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong Analytical skills with strong trend and pattern recognition
- Able to thrive in fast-pace environment
- Team-oriented is a ‘must’
Raponi Consulting, Placement & PR Firm
244 Fifth Avenue, Suite S293
New York, NY 10001