ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ROLE: We need someone who will eat, sleep, and breathe our retail operations, both the strategy and the day-to-day activities. Somebody who can see the big picture and communicate well with a wide range of disciplines and get things done. The Director of Stores will provide strategic leadership and direction to the executive team and manage our District and Store Managers to maximize sales, margin and profit with a focus on customer experience. It is important for the Director of Stores to work collaboratively across the organization as they will be a go-to resource for all team members for the day-to-day activities of the stores.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director of Stores will be responsible for the following:
- Manage, coach, and develop District Managers and Store Managers, empowering them to lead our retail store teams to enhance the customer experience and improve financial results.
- Provide support to leadership, set expectations, hold team (and self) accountable for results.
- Regularly visit each store with more frequent visits during peak seasons.
- Support the execution of marketing plans across stores and regularly provide real-time feedback to internal stakeholders along with recommended actions.
- Partner with team members from multiple departments including, People Operations, Customer Service, Order Processing, Marketing, Merchandising, and Product/Technology to identify and execute operational processes.
- Lead company initiatives and projects specifically related to store strategies and operations.
- Develop and implement ideas that improve the customer experience as well as the financial performance of the stores.
- Be accountable for store expenses vs. budget including labor and other controllable costs, identifying areas for improvement.