the Brand Director is responsible for the total management and direction of a comprehensive sourcing strategy for (Brand).
Develop and execute a strategic and operational Brand-focused global sourcing strategy in line with current and future needs of the (Brand). Sourcing strategy will align with (Brand) initiatives around innovative product, speed, cost reduction, quality, mitigation of risk, supplier continuity, and utilization of emerging markets/opportunities. Sourcing strategy must align with new initiatives including new concepts, acquisitions and international expansion.
Facilitate and execute the (Brand) design vision through strategic product development and management of pre-production/production process and calendars.
Create and maintain an environment that allows for “product first” and delivers design’s vision through “right-first-time” development within (Brand) aligned line plans and target adoption rates.
Support Merchant’s needs and business requirements by aligning sourcing base with calendar and product needs; including late adds, chase product, quick-turn styles, web exclusives and test product.
Build key relationships between stakeholders to create a calendar that drives speed to market initiatives and reduces weeks of supply. Collaborate with cross functional partners to meet margin goals and costing metrics.
Strategic oversight and management of the full production process including: final product allocation; production flexibility; monthly capacities; machine capabilities. Evaluate freight modes for distribution center receipt and flow.
Provide strong leadership, management, development and training to the (Brand) Sourcing team members. Continuously reevaluate the team and align the team/process to best service the (Brand).
Qualifications / Job Skills
- A minimum of fifteen years of progressive sourcing, development and production experience within complex, fast pace apparel environment. Specialty retail and/or direct to consumer experience is preferred.
- A successful track record of building relationships with cross functional partners and offering new and innovative solutions to sourcing issues/challenges.
- Proven success in a leadership role managing and developing large teams.
- Experience developing and leveraging strategic business relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Ability to anticipate business/brand needs and to create long term solutions.
- Process improvement capabilities including proven examples of implementing operational efficiencies.
- Works with a high sense of urgency and integrity and is motivated by deadlines and new challenges.